This is an interesting assignment - show how bi-directional integration between Oracle Hospitality and Oracle CPQ could work. In this case, CPQ is being used as the hotel call center reservation app. Here is a component overview -
Data Tables are used to store product and commerce data. They can be accessed from any part of the Oracle CPQ application where BML is used. BML = Big Machines Extensible Language - Oracle CPQ's scripting language.
Finally, a BML script will be used in Oracle CPQ to invoke the OIC integration to create the room reservation in Oracle Hospitality.
OIC interfaces with Oracle Hospitality via OHIP (Oracle Hospitality Integration Platform). Check out the posts here for an introduction to OIC and OHIP.
Integrations - Oracle Hospitality to CPQ
- invokes the OHIP api to get rates
- invokes the integration - updateCPQDataTable
- invokes the CPQ REST api to update the Data Table with the daily rate info.
- invokes the CPQ REST api to deploy the Data Table, essentially making the data live and visible in the reservation UI.
- invokes getRoomRates for each property.
- This is a scheduled OIC integration that updates the Authorization token (stored in an OIC Lookup) every 45 minutes.
- For Each set of room rates
- For Each set of rates
- For Each rate...