Thursday, May 6, 2021

#846 - OIC May 21 Release - Integration Insight Alerts

Compelling new feature in Integration Insight - the ability to raise Alerts, sending emails to interested parties, when particular conditions occur or do not occur. 




Let's begin with a simple example - 
Here is my demo Integration - 















Here is my simple Insight model -

Note the new tab - Alerts. more on that later. 

Back in my integration designtime - note the new icon - 

















I select my Insight Model - 













and map accordingly - 














I now map the unique identifier, which will be the order number - 




























I then map the Indicators - my Dimensions and Measures. In this case, I have 3 - Customer, Product and Order Value.














Back in the Insight Model - let's create an Alert -



















The UI is very intuitive - 



















This is V1 of this functionality, currently we support alerting via email.


  






Note, I enter $ to get access to the tracking variables - 












These include the dimensions and measures as well as a link to the business transaction in Integration Insight -




 









I complete as follows -







I activate the model and the integration.

Test the integration with a large order - 














So that was the first alert condition tested, let's look at the others - 






























Test with an Invalid Order - 











Now to the 3rd variation -

I have slightly amended the integration, allowing me to create a new Milestone - shipped.


 



Note the Wait Action before LogShipped. This will allow me to slow down the flow.

Add the new Milestone to the Model -




 










Add a new Alert - 

















Test - here I set a wait on 10000 msecs.

I receive the email -








Great Work Insight Team!



No comments: