Tuesday, March 3, 2020

#755 OIC - Oracle Field Service Adapter















Like all OIC adapters, the OFS adapter has comprehensive documentation.
The users guide is available here

Pre-requisites 



There are some pre-requisites, which are discussed in the aforementioned doc -



















One also needs the client id / client secret from OFS.
















Users, Security, Integrations --> Applications -








Click on Show Client ID / Client Secret.

Note these values for future use.


Create the OFS Connection in OIC -


















Use client id / client secret as Username / Password.

Save and Test the connection -











Using the OFS Connection as a Trigger in an Integration


I can drop the OFS connection as a trigger - 















Here one can specify an OFS business object as the request payload -

























One can also respond to OFS events -



















Using the OFS Connection as an Invoke in an Integration
















Most of these Business Objects support CRUD activities.

Creating a New Activity via OIC


Target fields -









































and so on...

Valid activityTypes can be found in OFS -





















Now to re-iterate, I am a neophyte when it comes to OFS.
So how can I approach such a task?
Which fields do I need to fill?
Which values are valid?

My first port of call is the REST API docs for OFS.















I check out the example request payload -















I use this as the basis for the integration trigger, which is REST based -












































resourceId refers to the technician who will be assigned this activity.
I find this id in the OFS app -















customerName - I got this by browsing existing activities in OFS.

activityType - I set this to "Estimate", why Estimate? Why not? I don't know what's valid or not.
I test via Postman - and get the following error, which thankfully lists the valid types.






Now I try with furnace_repair - test and get a response containing the new activityId -













I check out the Dispatch Console in OFS -


























Anna is scheduled for furnace_repair on March 18th -
I hope all goes well!




No comments: