Sunday, February 17, 2019

#681 Oracle Asserter - Regression testing in Oracle Integration (OIC)

This functionality is currently available as a feature flag on OIC.

Firstly, to the word assert- state a fact or belief confidently and forcefully.

Now to Oracle Asserter - it allows us to record integration executions and use these recording for regression tests etc. These recordings can also be submitted to Oracle for inclusion in OIC regression tests.

So how do we go about Asserting?

I have a very simple OIC integration here -
























I now activate it -

























Note the Checkbox - Enable Asserter Recording -

I now test the integration via postman -

























I check back with the Asserter -





































As you can see, I have done a couple of tests.

I can playback the recording -














I check the Tracking page and see the original flow and the replay -


















I check out the audit trail for the replay and see it returns the same orgId - 8114 - as the original.




















Finally, submitting recordings is very easy -



























No comments: