Friday, October 20, 2023

#993 VB invoking OIC3

This post covers invoking OIC from VB, both from an VB as part of OIC and VB standalone perspective.


Step 1 is to create a confidential app, the previous post went into great detail on how to do such. I will just give the outline here -

  • Create confidential app in IDCS
  • Allowed Grant Types - Client Credentials and Refresh Token
  • Redirect URL to https://yourOIC/icsapis/agent/oauth/callback
  • Scopes - the 2 scopes of your OIC app
    • ...ocp.oraclecloud.com:443urn:opc:resource:consumer::all
    • ...ocp.oraclecloud.com:443/ic/api/  
  • Save the client id and secret for future use
Now give this app access to the default OIC app, created when the OIC instance is provisioned. It is located here -

 






As you can see, I've added the app to the Service Developer role - I'd forgotten this step, but my esteemed colleague, Antonio Botella reminded me.


Now to Visual Builder - here I am using VB Standalone - I edit the Server settings to point to my OIC instance.



This is now available in the VB apps designer - 

I now create a Service connection - 







I choose the following simple integration - 


I then test - 






















No comments: