Thursday, February 27, 2020

#753 - OIC --> Using the Shopify adapter

















The Hare of the Dog Pub is on Shopify - at least for the next 14 days.
That's how long a trial account lasts.

Oracle Integration has just released the Shopify adapter -




















So let's try this out -

First step is to create a private app in Shopify -




























I copy the api key and password for future use.

I also create a customer and a product in Shopify -











Creating the OIC Shopify Connection


Now to the OIC Shopify adapter configuration -

Use the API Key / Password for username/password


















Then Test - looks good - or, as we say in Ireland - it's grand!







Using the Shopify Connection in OIC


















Query options -


















Retrieve Customers 

Query Customer options -














REST API docs are here

My integration Trigger is of type REST and has 2 parameters -
idList - list of customer ids
limit - max nr of customers to retrieve.

I map as follows - note, I only map the limit -















I activate and test - getting the following error -








Permissions error on the part of Shopify.

So I return to Shopify and activate read-write on customers -




















I test again -


























Create a Shopify Customer


Now to create a new customer -


















Here is target mapping -

























I change the REST trigger to include a new customer payload -













I map the response -










I activate and test -



















I validate in Shopify -



















Now for the Update...

Update a Shopify Product via OIC


















Logic here is that I loop over the products and set the Tag on each to Haut Couture.
What else would you expect from Hare of the Dog?

Get Products configuration -






















Request mapping just sets the limit(50)



















Switch condition -















ProductUpdate mapping -















I have created a variable for the tag -


I activate the integration and test -

BTW. here are my products in Shopify -










Here is the trace -















I check my products in Shopify -






























No comments: