Monday, January 31, 2011

RCU issue on SOA 11.1.1.4 on XE

just to let you know I hit the following issue when running rcu as sys/sysdba on XE.

after running rcu, I logged into sqlplus as sys/sysdba and checked the object status with

select object_name, object_type from dba_objects where status='INVALID';

The following objects were listed -
------------------------------------------
package body mds_internal_common
package body mds_internal_shredded
package body mds_internal_utils

procedure purge_runtime_with_timeout
procedure purge_b2b_instances_down
--------------------------------------
I ran utlrp.sql to recompile and re-checked.

the 3 mds packages were still listed as INVALID.

I then logged on as DEV_MDS and re-compiled the 3 packages successfully.

The main problem was that, according to the RCU utility, everything had completed successfully. The errors were only highlighted when I attempted to start wls.

However, after fixing the DB issues, I could re-start wls successfully.

Naturally I didn't read the note on the otn download page -

If you want to use XE you can set the RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS environment variable to TRUE *prior* to running RCU. As a reminder as to support level, when running RCU against XE you will receive a warning stating that the database version is not supported by Oracle.

No comments: