Part 1 - OIC - API Gateway - Logging Analytics
We all appreciate the benefits of API Management -
- Security - Protect services
- Discovery - Promote functionality to developers and partners
- Monitoring - Understand how your services are used
In that post, I manually deployed the OIC api to the Gateway, that is now automated - has been for quite some time, i.e. you can create a connection to the Gateway in OIC and deploy the api, as part of the activation process.
Here is the Gateway -
I deploy at integration activation -
- OIC API deployed to the OCI API Gateway
- Ability to add gateway policies, such as the throttling option I demoed.
- Access to OIC thru the Gateway also virtualises the OIC endpoint for the service consumer.
- OIC api access logs pushed to Logging Analytics, giving us insight into who is using the api and whether errors have occurred.