Tuesday, April 28, 2020

#764 OIC - B2B Document Management

OIC B2B support also includes Document and Schema Management- 

Note the new menu option - B2B -


















The B2B schema editor allows one to customize EDI data formats. Ok, EDI is a standard but each
EDI enabled trading partner has unique requirements e.g. codes specific to a trading partner, or maybe field lengths that do not map well into the EDI specification.
Net net, trading partners often vary the format of a transaction set to meet their specific requirements so OIC B2B needs to support this.

Click B2B Documents -










Click Create -





































That's my doc created, now to the schema it will use.



Now I can create a schema that will include my changes.

Click B2B Schemas -














Click Create -





















Now I can edit the schema -

































Here I can delete sections e.g. BEG or individual fields -












I can also edit individual fields by clicking on the view symbol -















So what do we have here?





















My company, Hare of the Dog Inc., has the rule - Purchase order number is 8 chars.




















That was easy - now what else can I do here?













Code List - doesn't make much sense for a PO Nr, but you get the idea -


















Let's do this for another field CUR02 - currency -


































One can also import lists from a csv -



































Changes are highlighted in the list -



















Now I apply this schema to my doc - My850PO -





















Now to my integration - I can now select my document definition -























No comments: