Wednesday, September 18, 2024

#1025 OIC Healthcare - FHIR adapter

 

Introduction

So what is FHIR? 

The HL7® FHIR® (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources 1 ) standard defines how healthcare information can be exchanged between different computer systems regardless of how it is stored in those systems. It allows healthcare information, including clinical and administrative data, to be available securely to those who have a need to access it, and to those who have the right to do so for the benefit of a patient receiving care.

More details here.

Creating a Patient

Now the usual caveat to begin with - I am not a FHIR or healthcare expert - I just like showing how easy it is to use Oracle Integration. 

So, to our simple use case - Create Patient.

I tried this out first with an online FHIR server - kodjin from an Estonian company, Edenlab. 

I copied the request payload for use in OIC.

Next step is to create a FHIR connection in my OIC3 Project - 

I then created the following integration -

I used the request payload from kodjin as the REST trigger request body.

Now to the configuration of the FHIR invoke -  

I map the fields I see in the example request from kodjin.

 

I just return the id from the FHIR invoke response - 


Let's run it!














I create a new patient - Cathal Brugha - and copy the id returned.

I use this id to do a GET in the kodjin app - 



 

I now create a new integration - getPatient -


 
I create a new patient - Michael Davitt -

Now to the GET - 
























No comments: