Tuesday, November 7, 2023

#996 OIC Healthcare: MLLP Adapter Part II

Leading on from the previous post, let's now look at outbound, i.e. OIC sending HL7 messages to a target, in my case, HL7 Inspector

Th following connection will be used - note the port. This is what is configured in HL7 Inspector.



























The use case here is very simple, I just send back the message received. Remember the patient admission integration from the previous post? In that integration, AA-ADT01-Processor, I converted the message stream received into an xml based version of the ADT01 message.

Now I will use the OIC Healthcare action to transform this canonical version of the message back to HL7 format and forward it to HL7 Inspector.

Here is that integration before I make the changes - 





































I add a new Healthcare action, after the Logger, and configure as follows - 
























The Target to be mapped is as follows - 





















The Source is the xml representation of the HL7 message received - 


 





















I map the relevant fields, then add the MLLP Invoke.





















The final integration flow - 



I activate the integration and test by sending a new ADT01 message from HL7 Inspector. This message will trigger my router/dispatcher integration, which, in turn, will invoke AA-ADT01-Processor.

I check out the HL7 Inspector Receiver - 


You will notice some new field values in the above message, i.e. this is not a simple echo.

I put in these Sender values via the map - 

<0x0b><0x1c><0x0d>MSH|^~\&|OIC^AA-ADT01-Processor^Integration|Commiskey Healthcare Inc.^Commiskey Healthcare Inc.^Clinic for the disturbed|ADT1|GOOD HEALTH HOSPITAL|198808181126|SECURITY|ADT^A01^ADT_A01|MSG00001|P|2.8<0x0d> EVN|A01|200708181123<0x0d> PID|1||PATID1234 123456789^5|||||M<0x0d> NK1|1|NUCLEAR|SPO^SPOUSE||||NK^NEXT OF KIN<0x0d> PV1|1|I|2000||||004777^ATTEND^AARON<0x0d> <0x0d>










Tip for mapping - use the OIC mapper <copy-of> function at segment level to ease the mapping chore.

BTW. the following cmd is useful, if HL7 Inspector is not receiving messages - 
netstat -ano | find "2100"









Custom Schemas

The ADT01 data I used only leverages a couple of segments, so I could define a custom schema based on the standard ADT01 definition and delete the segments I don't require. This is what I did - 










The schema designer makes it very easy to delete unwanted segments or add new custom segments and elements.


















Now I can use this schema when defining a new version of the ADT01 doc - 
First I create the doc based on the ADT01 version 2.8 and then edit it to use the custom schema based on ADT01 version 2.8. 








































I could then use this document definition, when invoking the MLLP adapter. 

Summa, summarum, Healthcare is a compelling addition to the OIC toolkit, looking forward to helping our customers adopt it.


























No comments: