Tuesday, August 7, 2018

#644 OIC Integration 101 Part III --> Connectivity Agent

The Connectivity Agent allows for secure on-premise to cloud communication.
OIC can leverage this to update on prem apps such as SAP, JDE and EBS. It can also be used to leverage the on-premise tech adapters - DB, File, Weblogic JMS etc.

Message payloads of up to 10MB are supported, the agent also provides multithreading support

The agent works according to the call home principle. In other words, OIC will never directly call any on--premise resource. The agent polls OIC for work, so to speak. If there is work to be done then the agent downloads the request and does the necessary. Again, all communication in initiated from the on premise agent, making REST requests over https. So there is no need for any on-premise ports to be opened etc.

The connectivity agent itself is lightweight(ca. 145 mb)  and Java based.
It can be downloaded from the OIC Console -











Before starting the Agent, I need to create an Agent Group with which my agent will register.

















Let's have a look at what the download looks like -












I need to edit the InstallerProfile.cfg file, before starting the agent.











I am not using a Proxy, so all I need to set is the oic_URL

e.g. https://myOICHost:443

and the agent_GROUP_IDENTIFIER

I get the agent_GROUP_IDENTIFIER value as follows -
























The installation/registration cmd is simple -
java -jar connectivityagent.jar



















Note the get of the app id and keys -
these will be used to ensure secure communication between on-premise and OIC in the cloud.

Back in the OIC console - I refresh the Agent page










My Agent has been successfully registered.

So let's take a quick look at the agent itself -

All the adapters are in the /lib directory -
























You can see the file adapter etc.
Scrolling down, I see -
























Simple, yet succinct!

File Adapter over Agent Example


Now to a simple example, leveraging the on-premise File Adapter.

Here is my file adapter configuration -























Note the reference to my Agent Group - NC-AgentGroup. I had to specify this,
when creating the connection.

Now to the simple integration -

























The trigger is a REST adapter configured as follows -

























Next step is simply the Invoke of the File Adapter -
Essentially I just want to write the contact from the request to an on-premise file.





















Note the output directory - /media/sf_work/BBB

I have already created that locally -

I activate the integration and test from Postman -


















I check my on-premise directory -













I execute the request again, and see that the new contact has been appended to the file.





















The connectivity agent logs are available here -


















Check out the agent-diagnostic log to see the 14 adapters
which have been loaded -

















No comments: