Monday, December 19, 2022

#943 - Integrating with OTM Cloud using the OIC Logistics Adapter

 



Introduction

I strongly suggest you read the following guide, before starting your development of OTM focused integrations -













It is available here.

Then check out the OIC Logistics adapter guide here.

Pre-requisites in OTM Cloud

Firstly, a big thanks to my OTM colleague, Sudheer R. here.

I am a neophyte when it comes to OTM Cloud, but I do have access to an OTM Cloud instance -



 


I am going to use the same OTM user in my OIC Logistics connection definition, best practices would be to create a specific OTM integration user, I may try that later!

So let's check out my user - 












 












Note the Access Control List section - add INTEGRATION, if not already present.

In this post I will use OIC to create a Location in OTM Cloud. It's probably one of the easiest business objects to create, excellent for a sanity test.

 

Creating the OTM(Logistics) connection in OIC

First step is to create the connection to OTM in OIC - 









Configure as follows - 







Creating the OIC Integration with OTM

The REST Request payload will contain all the salient data I need to create a new Location in OTM Cloud.  



Let's check out the configuration of the Logistics invoke - 





















I map the following fields - 



































from the following request payload - 












The Response payload is as follows - 









Here is a screenshot of the Target mapping result from the tester -











The Transmission number is in the following OTM response field -


 













I map this to the integration response.

Now to testing the integration - I do so with the following payload - 





















This transmissionNr refers to the actual load request sent to OTM Cloud. Inserting data in this way is a 2 phase process, akin to HDL in HCM. I can check out the "load" process in OTM using this number.














PROCESSED = Successfully Loaded.

I click on the ID link - 





Clicking on the Transaction XML button will show the actual payload received.










I can also check the OTM Location List - 























No comments: