Wednesday, February 20, 2019

#686 OIC - VB CS for Oracle Field Service

Leading on from the previous posts - as we all know OIC is the Swiss army knife of Integration - helping you connect, extend and create apps.

Better than the Irish Army knife I had while serving my country in the  Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil























So back to Visual Builder and how it can help us in respect of Oracle Field Service -

I begin by looking at the OFS REST apis, specifically the following -











I test this in Postman -





















Now to VB CS - I create a Service Connection -














I cut and paste in the response from Postman -
























I then test -


















I now create a web app and edit the main page -

















Simple logic here - enter an Activity Nr, then click the button and, quelle surprise, the activity details will appear.

I have defined a couple of page variables - these will be used in the call to the service connection -



















I bind these to the page fields -








You get the idea!


Now to the event executed, when the button is clicked -




































I assign the input/output parameters -























I test -

























I can, of course, create a Service Connection, based on an Integration -




















No comments: