Thursday, January 4, 2018

#613 Adding WAIT functionality to an ICS/OIC orchestration

This is a question that I get often enough. How can I add a WAIT activity to my Orchestration.

Here is a Javascript based example from a colleague of mine - I will call it from an OIC
Orchestration.

Here is the flow -


















This is simply a REST trigger invoking a REST Service, running on Apiary -























Now, I want to add a short wait before calling the Apiary service.

Currently in OIC, we do not have a WAIT Action -


























Here is the Javascript code -














I save this as a .js file and upload to OIC -
















Now back to the Orchestration -






























I test this with 10000 msec








































I activate and test -












Now to setting for 60 seconds -














I test and get the follow error -





I go to the Monitoring console -




















So, a possible solution, but only for short WAITs.

No comments: