Friday, March 24, 2017

#555 ICS 17.1.3 FTP adapter and File Staging

We all know and love the ftp adapter, but what is file staging?

Here is a simple example - processing an order contained in a zip file, residing on an ftp server somewhere out there in the wide beyond.

I create an Orchestration -























I add an ftp adapter to retrieve my order which is in a zip file - order.zip.


The zip is in the /In directory on my, or should I say, Angelo's,  ftp server.












Here is the ftp adapter configuration in my Orchestration -



























I can delete the superfluous map activity -





















resulting in ...





















So what have we done here? We have downloaded the zip file to a "virtual" file system in ICS.

In the next activity, we will read the file from that location.
























Stage File Action configuration -























the result -
























I now invoke the ftp adapter to write the order to the /Out directory.

Configured as follows -

















I do the mapping -















I check my /In directory -




















I check my /Out directory -



















I activate the Orchestration -

















I submit via the menu -




















I check the ICS monitor -































I check the ftp server /Out directory -

























Granted, a very simple example, but you can extrapolate from this to create complex batch file integrations from and to Fusion HCM and ERP.



No comments: