Monday, September 14, 2015

#441 PCS --> Adding functionality to your Web Form (dynamic links)

As most you who are familiar with on-premise BPM know, web forms is one flavour of UI design time. In PCS it is the only one.

It is intuitive, easy to use and also quite powerful, although one needs a modicum of JavaScript knowledge.

Here is a simple example of adding a context sensitive link to Google Maps.
A big Gracias to my colleague Carlos C. for the example on which this post is based.

Here is my Form -



 














As you can see, it is my usual order form.

I have added a field of type "link" called CheckItOut.
This will give the user the opportunity to check out the customer's
address via Google Maps.












As you can see, it is invisible when the form is first rendered.
I only want it visible when a custStreetAddress has been entered.

Here is the rule -













I run and test -




I enter an order -

The CheckItOut link is now visible -














I click on it -




















No comments: