Introduction
There are multiple authorization options available when connecting to OIC based MCP Servers from PAF. Let's check them out -
Bearer Token
This is good for quick demos etc. You can use an existing confidential app, which is configured for OIC. The downside here is that the token is not refreshed, so you end up going back and forth to Postman to generate tokens, then copying and pasting them into PAF.The final step is to activate the app; then you're good to go.
I now go back to PAF and create the OAuth based connection to my OIC MCP server -
I now go back to PAF and create the OAuth based connection to my OIC MCP server -
I add the client id and secret -
https://myIDCS/oauth2/v1/token
use this for Token and Refresh URLs.
Set Authorization URL to
https://myIDCS/oauth2/v1/authorize
Set Scopes to the usual OIC scopes. These I copy from postman.
Click Test - then you will see the following message -
Come to think of it, that's quite philosophical!

No comments:
Post a Comment