Monday, May 23, 2022

#912 - OIC and OCI Logging Service

It is very easy to push the OIC Activity Stream logs to OCI Logging - just enable it -

Login to your OCI console and navigate to Logging - 












Then enable the OIC log - 






























Now I will test a couple of integrations to generate some log traffic - 

Here is an integration that generates an error - I test this a couple of times. 






















I also have another simple integration - 

























Let's check out the log data in OCI Logging Service - 













In more detail - 

Note the Retention Period - 


















Note the Log Search link - let's check this out








I add a where condition to check for Error. My integration that throws the error will set the errorCode field to ErrorNN.








All log rows containing the string "Error" are returned.






















I can hover over the rows to see the details - 








I can save the Search - 

























I can also look for specific payload values - e.g. the product "iBike" I used in my integration test.




































One can also add custom Filters -


















Here's a simple example - checking for a specific instance id - 



















Here's another example - checking for logs from a specific integration - note the format of the integration - Identifier | Version.



No comments: