Tuesday, October 27, 2020

#804 OIC REST API for Lookups

 







Above, my lookup.

Here are the Lookup REST APIs -











Retrieve is easy -










Per default, retrieve does not show me the row values e.g. USD, GBP etc.

I just need to add the following query parameter, in order to retrieve the contents -













Update - let's add a couple of new entries

EURO / 3 and CAD / 4










So what does my request look like?








Now let's check the Lookup in OIC - 







As you can see, the original entries have been overwritten.

In this case, update means essentially replace..

So how can I have a scenario where I just want to augment the lookup list?

Simple enough with OIC - I create a REST connection in OIC -


 



I will essentially do what I did in Postman - with one exception -

Here is my completed integration -




The REST Trigger Request payload is as follows -











GetLookupData Invoke is configured as follows -











The Map to GetLookupData  is as follows -






I set expand to "datarow"


UpdateLookupData Invoke is configured as follows -












Map to UpdateLookupData is configured as follows -

Here I need to merge the original entries from the initial GET with the new entries in the REST Request payload.


I begin by repeating the rows below - 










I map the result of the GET to 1 of 2 rows -


 








I map the new values from the initial request to 2 of 2 rows -







Time to test - here are the current contents of the Lookup - 



 




Here is my test payload -










Here is the result -









No comments: