Monday, January 20, 2020

#748 - OIC Feature Flags --> New Connector for Box



Feature Flag - Box adapter (oic.cloudadapter.adapters.box)











































































In order to get the above data - I nee to create a new app in Box -

Login to Box Dev Console here




















I create a new app of type - Custom App
and then select the Authentication Method below -


























I also enter the redirect URI for OIC -

The format is as follows -

https://yourOIC:443/icsapis/agent/oauth/callback









Now back to the connection for Box in OIC -

I click Provide Consent, I am then prompted to enter my OIC credentials.

I then see the following -


I click Grant access to Box












I return to the Box connection page in OIC and click Test/Save.

Upload a file to Box -











This is a csv file containing customer information -










I put this into a folder - Customers













I now create an integration that will leverage the Box connection.

I begin by getting the root folder - Box api requires a folder_id to be passed in this
request. The folder_id for the root folder is 0.





I now run the integration -

Response payload is as follows -






I run the integration again, this time using the id from the Customers folder.



Response is as follows -

















Now let's download the file to OIC -
















Note the file_id parameter.

Here is the Response -















I now use the Stage File action to read the file -


















I run the integration - its Response -





















Box Adapter in Detail


Now to some detail on the adapter itself -

The adapter leverages the Box apis under the hood - those apis are detailed
here

So what does the OIC Box adapter actually support -
I



























Most of these are self-explanatory, except maybe -
Get Enterprise Templates

Box allows one to create Templates via its Admin Console; here's an example -

















So let's try this out -













marker can be used for pagination
limit is the max number of templates to be returned per page.

I leave both of these blank - they are optional.

The result is as follows -




Watermarking protects your Box resources from being downloaded and used without your express permission.







No comments: