Thursday, September 27, 2018

#657 SSI - Custom Adapters in a matter of Minutes!

This is the killer feature of SSI -


the ability to create your own REST based adapters in a matter of minutes.


In this simple demo, I will create an adapter for the following Apiary based REST service.






































The URL is as follows -

https://private-nnnn-parkmycarservice.apiary-mock.com/carpark

Note the Developer icon, which appears once you have the relevant role in SSI.



































So I click on - Create a Cloud App Definition.







































Here I enter a Postman like tester.
I copy and paste the request from my Apiary definition



I then click -



























Looks good!

I then click Next















I click Next -













that's the Action created -













Note that the input/output schemas have been automatically created -















That's it!

Now to the Recipe - I will kick this off with a Timer -
























Now to the Invoke of the ParkMyCarService


























Ok, I did hard code the carRegistration !

Now I add a second Action to put the response in an email to myself.


That's it!

Now to testing -


















I check my email -












A very simple example - but this is a huge value add.

Custom adapters to REST based apps in a matter of minutes!














No comments: