Thursday, May 24, 2018

#631 OIC - VB CS calling Process Part 1

Very simple scenario here -

I create a new organization in a VB CS generated UI.
From this UI, I can kick off a PCS Process to approve the new organization.

It is very easy to create Business Object definitions in VB CS -















































the first 4 fields above are created by default (creationDate etc).


VB CS knows about the processes deployed in my AIC instance, in my case, only the one.





















Check out the configuration -






















Ensure you select the Runtime radio button.

VB CS provides for rich interaction with processes -
more about them later -


























I have created a form to create a new Organization -
















I have added a button to the generated form - Call Process - when clicked it should start a process instance -

Now to the action (button clicked) configuration -

























Now I simply drag and drop the Start Process Action -



























Now all I need to do is map the parameters -










































So succinct -




















Now to a simple test -




















Check in the task list -


























We can also display these tasks in VB CS - I have created a new page and now
drop in a List control

















Add Data to the list -





















Live Preview shows me the result -
















Check out the VB CS docs here

Chapter 7 covers Processes.


















No comments: