Monday, August 25, 2014

#12 BPM 12c New Features- Debugging

Let's debug the fault handling demo process, from the previous post - in that scenario
process A (callingProcess) called process B (calledProcess) via the Validate activity.

Here is the calling process














Steps


1. Set the breakpoints in the process -














I set these on the Start and End activities.













You can also set these at composite level -





















2- Start the Debugger



















You can accept the defaults -



















Now you see this message -













HTTP Analyzer starts - here I can enter my test order data.


















The debugging session starts -




















Debugging is controlled by the following icons -































I click step into









I click step into again

Now control is passed to the BPM process -










I can also add breakpoints, whilst in the debugging session -





















We can view incoming data, via the Data tab -















The process variables haven't been assigned, as yet.
I click step into

Debugging halts at the newly created breakpoint on the Validate activity -
Here I can view/change the payload.

















I click step into again - control returns to the composite -








Here we are about to call the Order validation process.

Control now goes to the called Order validation process.








I have not set any breakpoints here - so I click -






Control returns to the calling process -




Simple, yet effective!

More info on the debugger itself in the JDev Guide available here














No comments: