Thursday, November 21, 2013

# 287 Adaptive Case Management - Subscribing to Case Events

I discussed the various types of Case events in a previous post.
Maybe you would like to review Here

I define my simple order approval case as follows -










Note I have checked Publish Case Events

I add a Mediator to my Case composite - this will subscribe to CaseEvents.
The edl is available here -


















oramds:/soa/shared/casemgmt/CaseEvent.edl

I create 7 file adapter (write) services for the different event types -

  • DOCUMENT_EVENT
  • USER_DEFINED_EVENT
  • DATA_UPLOAD_EVENT
  • COMMENT_EVENT
  • LIFECYCLE_EVENT
  • MILESTONE_EVENT
  • ACTIVITY_EVENT

I then filter on eventType in the mediator and call the appropriate service.



















































I then deploy and test my Case.
















I check for Lifecycle Events -








My case includes an automatic InitActivity.

Here are the start and end events for that -












Milestone Event - Once the Init is done we reach the milestone OrderApprovalStarted










Now I add a Comment to the case -











I now initiate the ApproveOrderProcessActivity - a BPM Process with Human Task
I then approve the order, I get 2 new activity events












I now raise a user Defined event - CustomerCancelledEvent via the Case UI








I now upload a doc to the case via the Case UI -










I now change a value of one of my order fields thru the Case UI -
this too is protocolled.








No comments: