I have installed the SOA Virtual Box image and now want to be able to access it from my host (winxp) machine, as follows -
- using IE
- from JDeveloper
Step 1: Localhost setup
- VirtualBox 4.x installed
- MSFT Loopback Adapter installed and running on 188.8.131.52
- \etc\hosts entries
Step 2: VirtualBox configuration
- Start VirtualBox
- Delete the host-only network entry
- Start the image
Step 3: Image Network configuration
- Click on Devices --> Network Adapters...
- Check for eth0 connection
- If not found, create one.
- System --> Administration --> Network (password –oracle)
- Set ip address to 184.108.40.206
- Re-start the image
- Once restarted, check that eth0 is active.
-- System --> Administration --> network
--- If not, activate
--- Start & Test SOA WLS
---- Once running, test from browser on localhost –
Step 4: Create a new app server connection in JDev