Many people use the Worklist/Workspace app OOTB. However there may be reasons for implementing your own custom worklist app to interface with the Workflow Service.
So how to do it?
First check out the official doc at
Chapter 31 - Building a Custom Worklist Client.
Essentially the steps are -
1. Get a handle to IWorklistServiceClient from WorkflowServiceClientFactory.
2. Get a handle to ITaskQueryService from IWorklistServiceClient.
3. Authenticate a user by passing a username and password to the authenticate
method on ITaskQueryService. Get a handle to IWorkflowContext.
4. Query the list of tasks using ITaskQueryService.
5. Get a handle to ITaskService from IWorklistServiceClient.
6. Iterate over the list of tasks returned, performing actions on the tasks using
The javadoc is available at -
I'll create a simple example in a future post.