Introduction
Some folks might hit this issue - you want to use the OCI Object Storage Native Action, but you do not see your compartment in the wizard list.
Two things to note here -
1. OIC needs to have access to Object Storage, in order to use the native action. You need to apply a couple of policies to ensure this.
2. The OIC Native Action for Object Storage uses the typical wizard flow that we all know and love. In the wizard, you need to select the target compartment from a list. The UI will list up to 25 compartments, so you may not see your compartment in the list.
The Policies
Polices for object storage can be applied to a dynamic group. This dynamic group can include your OIC instance(s).
The policy statements I used are -
Allow dynamic-group yourDynGroup to manage buckets in compartment yourObjectStorageCompartment
Allow dynamic-group yourDynGroup to manage objects in compartment yourObjectStorageCompartment
Allow dynamic-group yourDynGroup to read objectstorage-namespaces in compartment yourObjectStorageCompartment
The Dynamic Group
this I define as follows -
The relevant resource ids ending in _APPID can be found in the Oracle Cloud Services entry for that OIC instance -
Click on the OAuth configuration tab -
e.g. your object storage compartment is AAA, and you have executed the policy statements to give OIC access to Object storage buckets etc. in compartment AAA. However, you do not see compartment AAA in the list, when configuring the OCI Object Storage native action in OIC. However, you do see compartment BBB. Then execute the 3 policy statements for compartment BBB as well. You can then select BBB in the wizard and, then, in the mapper, set he target compartment id to that of AAA, thus overwriting what you have configured. More details below -
Using the Native Action
Note, I've selected the compartment ending in Integration, but this is not the one I want. I select it anyway, as I have access to this compartment.
I then edit the mapper -
I now run the scheduled integration and check the activity stream -

No comments:
Post a Comment